- What information do we collect about you
- How we use the information about you.
- Access to your information and correction.
- How to contact us.
What information do we collect about you
We will hold your name, address, telephone numbers, email address and ID.
Why we hold your information and how we will use it.
We will need contact details from you to arrange viewings on properties that you are interested in. We can also inform you about other rental properties that may be of use to you in the future.
If you decide to rent one of our properties, we will need to carry out a full reference check and credit check.
You will need to complete a referencing form online giving all personal information, including employer, salary, current landlord/estate agent, bank details and previous addresses. This will be sent to Homelet (a referencing company) to ascertain your suitability to rent one of our properties. These details may be disclosed to the landlord of the property you are interested in for purposes of making a decision as to whether to rent to you or not.
We will not give your personal information to other third parties except in the following instances.
- Windows Rent Focus Software - who provide our system for managing your rental property.
- NatWest Bank – our bank for you to pay the rent to.
- TDS (Tenancy Deposit Scheme) – to register your deposit under government regulation.
- Utility suppliers – to inform them of meter readings and who is responsible for the bill.
- Contractors – Should you have an issue with your property ie boiler not working, we will pass your contact details on to one of our regular contractors to contact you to resolve the issue.
Right to Rent
Under the Right to Rent regulations we are required to see originals of your passport and take copies, or if you do not have a passport we will need to take a copy of your birth certificate and one other form of ID.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please email us or write to us.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
If you need further information please look at the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) website: www.ico.org.uk.
Your information is kept securely in our locked office when not open. Our computers are accessed only by individual security codes.
We will hold your details for 7 years, as required by HMRC.
How to Contact Us